Just over two years ago, my friend Rachel and I had babies a week apart. Henry and John are now taking the world by storm. A few signs of the times:
- Your favorite word is Nope! As in: Do you need a new diaper? Nope! Are you ready for a nap? Nope!
- Mynt! is another favorite. It’s a variation on “mine” and follows your penchant for adding a “T” to everythingt. Megan = Megant. On = Ont. Dad = Dadt. Oddly, Mom is pronounced Momp.
- Screaming and flailing on the ground underscore your deeply held opinions.
But two has its charms as well.
- Saying “I wove you.”
- Standing up in your crib every morning and taking inventory of your loved ones. Where Dadt? Where Timmy? Where Kolbe? Where Ainsey?
- Carrying your new Thomas the Tank Engine train around. Sleeping with it clutched in your chubby hand.
- Doing the Linus thing and never letting go of your “bot.”
- Dashing to the window, overcome with excitement at seeing the garbage twuck.