Hallie over at Moxie Wife is collecting Five Favorites. Here I tackle an usual list: Five Favorites - The Wisdom Teeth Edition.
If this past month had a motto, I do believe it would have to be Adventures in Dentistry. A crown, a root canal, complications from the root canal, complications from the complications, and, drum roll for this one, removal of Tim's wisdom teeth.
Here are simple suggestions to ensure all goes well:
1. Load up on soft comfort food -- chocolate pudding, refried beans, mac and cheese, broth, tomato soup, mashed potatoes.
2. Prepare to do nothing else the day of the surgery. Tim had his teeth yanked on my husband's birthday. Not a good plan (and not my plan), just the inevitable clash between our busy life and Tim's active social calendar. Clear your schedule.
3. Enjoy being Mama. Tim was pathetic, and I reveled in babying him. The minute he started feeling better, Tim was all cranky and irritable and rather demanding. I was glad I savored those fleeting moments of sweet.
Tim rounds out Five Favorites with advice of his own:
4. Videotape the patient. Between a system pumped with narcotic pain meds and a mouth full of gauze, Tim was well worth recording last Friday. We did snap a picture of his chipmunk gums, but missed the opportunity to record for all posterity his pwecious lisp.
5. Let the patient watch anything he wants, play whatever he wants, for as long as he wants. That's pretty much a direct quote.
Head over to Hallie's to add your Five Favorites.