Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Pollen





Ainsley and I are dealing with goopy eyes and itchy noses and the fallout of a neighborhood that is bursting with color, but hard, so very hard, on those who struggle with seasonal allergies.

I'm not sure when I became one of those few -- those unhappy few -- that band of strugglers (Jamie will get the allusion. My ninth graders finished Act IV today). Were I to undergo allergy testing, I am certain I would come up positive for cats, chalk dust, and the pollen that is currently coating every vehicle, every bush, the outdoor furniture, my front teeth, you name it, it's covered with yellow powder.

I now take Allegra regularly, and during weeks like this, I reach for antihistamine eye drops as well. But to no avail. We need rain.

















2 comments:

Kris said...

I also struggle with allergies! The yellow pine pollen is actually not an allergen - too big if you can see it. It's the teeny, tiny other tree pollen that is killing you right now. Get a nasal steroid spray like Nasacort (you can buy a 3-pack at Costco) and use it once or twice a day, every day. It will really help once it kicks in. Also if you can get your hands on some DoTerra Tri Ease - that will also help. I hit it from all sides as much as possible - it's miserable right now. Hang in there, friend!!

Jamie said...

Once more into the box [of tissues], dear friends, once more!

Hope you find some relief quickly.