Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Small Successes

FaithButton Join the women of Faith and Family as we encourage one another. Here are a few highlights from our week:

1. I spent most of Tuesday night comforting a sick Ainsley. I finally crashed around 4:00 a.m. and then overslept. Waking the boys at 7:45 when they need to be out the door at 8:10 is usually a prescription for threats and yelling. Instead I turned to bribery and offered them breakfast at McDonald's if they could be ready to roll in five minutes. Mission accomplished in about seven minutes! What could have been a rotten morning was, in fact, both tasty and fun.

2. I wish I could say the same for the afternoon. A napless toddler and other kids under the weather led to meltdowns and messes and one grumpy mother. When will I ever learn to just tune it out already?

But, since we are focusing on successes, I will note that my children will never be able to say their parents didn't model how to make amends when they blew it. I apologized, and we ended the evening on a positive note. As I kissed their slumbering heads, I prayed a prayer a friend taught me: Lord, bridge the gap between what they've needed and what they've received.

3. Plans are in the works for Tim's 13th birthday bash. Lots of progress yesterday.

What about you?

3 comments:

JJ's Mom said...

Great successes! And I love that little prayer! Thank God for filling in our deficiencies...

Nicole Stallworth said...

#1--inspiring! :-) I wish I could always remember to be that way, too.

Well done.

Kelly said...

JJ's Mom - God does fill in our deficiencies! Thanks for the encouragement and the visit!

Nicole - #1 made it to the list because I don't usually think to try a different (and better) way. I want to think out of the box when problems come my way. Thanks for reading and commenting!