Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Rainy Days and Mondays

Our rainy, rainy weather has been great for the grass. But for late afternoon moods? Not so much. The boredom, the whining, the I Have Nothing To Dooooooooo!

"I'm going to show initiative," a certain someone informs me. "What is initiative again?"

I'm just about as motivated as my least motivated child, which is saying a  whole lot or maybe nothing at all.

Some of the most amazing socks ever to return from Scout camp.
We're all thankful for  John who never fails to make us laugh with questions like, "Mama, do steam rollers still exist?" or observations like, "Guess what, Tim? Curious George's dad doesn't have a wife!"

(We wonder if John has noticed the rather obvious fact that Curious George's dad is not a monkey, but a man with a big yellow hat.)

I am now going to find a crow bar, extricate myself from this chair, and move in the direction of something useful. Maybe that last remnant of Scout gear that needs to be sorted and
stored.

And those energy drinks I was dissing? Maybe they aren't such a bad idea after all.






1 comment:

Kris said...

I heard on the radio this morning that our rainfall SO FAR this year has surpassed the TOTAL rainfall for 2012. No kidding. There has been WAAAAAAY too much indoor playing and screen time this summer at my house. Sadly.