Thursday, September 12, 2013

Text

So it's Theme Thursday over at Clan Donaldson, and this week's theme is text.

Nothing new around here, but pulling from the archives, I came up with John's first sentence:

Translation: The cat kan jump to the other cat.

And this early one is even better:


But my favorite pic involving text comes from an epic drive we took in 2012. It felt like we were twenty-seven hours into a thirty hour trip. In fact, we were ten hours into a twelve hour drive, but we had driven all day the previous day and I had a constipated three-year-old and I was driving solo. So, epic! 

My husband's name is Dave Lyle. Every time we pass Charlotte, North Carolina, we notice Dave Lyle Boulevard. Well, last year I was flying down I-77 South and spotted a flash of green on the side of the road. Setting aside common sense, exhaustion, and constipation, I took the next exit, drove five or six miles north, and hopped back on I-77 South in search of the flash of green. And there it was -- a little banged up -- but my very own Dave Lyle Boulevard sign. How cool is that?

My boys were scandalized -- shocked, shocked, shocked -- absolutely certain their mother would wind up facing hard time in the state pen for nicking the sign. I'm happy to report no legal troubles to date.


Head over to Clan Donaldson to add your pics.

No comments: