Friday, June 19, 2015

More Frum Ainsley





One more translation:

Red Box     (Hint: You have to think outside the box).

In context:

Dear Papa,
     I love you. I like to red box with you. I like yor cats.
Frum,
     Ainsley

Answer: read books.



X or KS -- it's a tough choice. An English book I love notes that, in terms of phonics, the word FISH could reasonably be spelled GHOTI if you took the GH from Enough, the O from Women, and the TI from Notion. Interesting note: Women may be the only word in English with an O that sounds like a short I.  If you like this kind of stuff, head here where language geeks congregate.


It's a wonder anyone learns this crazy and intriguing language of ours.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh how refreshing! So glad she can red box with her Dad.

Kelly@http:/inthesheepfold.blogspot.com said...

Papa is Dave's Dad. He will sit in his recliner and read to her nonstop. Patience of Job, he has.