Thursday, August 19, 2010

Small Successes

FaithButton

Visit Faith and Family Live! to share encouragement. It's been a quiet week. Here are the highlights from our abode:

1. John started school. We turned onto the street in front of the school this morning, and John started yelling, "Whoo wheeee!"

I wish the older boys were that excited about school.

2. I found the cap to a green Sharpie. Never a good omen. I eventually found the marker itself. It appears that the sole casualty is John's shirt - a nice shirt, but at least it's not the couch. I guess that's not much of a success. A disaster averted, maybe, but not a success.

3. We continue to enjoy almost daily rain. Some might find this dreary, but our town has been mired in a decade-long drought. Typically our front lawn is solid brown by August. Today it is lush and green. I am so thankful for rain!

What about you?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great list of successes! I love #2. My son took a permanent orange marker to our cream sofa when he was three. I have finally forgiven him...he will be 21 next month. LOL!
Have a great weekend!