Monday, June 27, 2011

Overheard

John, in the middle of Mass: Mama, do you like my belly button? I like your belly button.

***

Tim, on afternoon plans: Mom, you take a long nap. We'll be gaming. It's all good.

***

John, to a snoring Dave: Dad, can you quit making that noise so I can sweep?

***

Kolbe: My health book is full of lies. It says fruit makes a great dessert, and that's just nuts.

***

Me: There's a wet bathing suit on the floor.

Nameless: I thought that's where I'm supposed to put it.

***

John, handing me an elaborate drawing he has finished: It's a map to Grandma's house. You're leaving tomorrow.

***

Ainsley, anxious to watch Winnie the Pooh: Pwess Pway, Mama!

The English teacher groans. The mother dashes off for an uninterrrupted cup of coffee.

***

Tim, quoting Mr. Spock: I have never understood the female capacity for failing to give a clear answer.

Only when you're harrassing me for more computer time.
***

Kolbe, watching a furniture commercial: Who wants new furniture? We want furniture we can eat on and jump on.

***

Tim, who had been fighting with his brother non-stop over some code that came on the back of a cereal box: I gave him the code. I figured one of us had to be mature, and it wasn't going to be him.

2 comments:

Patti Doughty said...

Before you grab that cup of uninterrupted coffee, grab a tape recorder and get Ainsey-boo to talk for you. It'll be priceless and one she'll love hearing as a teenager. And please kiss all my babies for me; we've been away from them for far too long. I DID read your Post that mentioned "Aunt Patti". My shirt wouldn't button that day!!! My precious baby girl. I miss you all so much, Kel. I need a great big hug from my snuggly John-John.

Anonymous said...

Hilarious - thanks for the laugh! You really couldn't make these things up. Enjoy -