Thursday, May 09, 2013

Mom


It's Theme Thursday over at Clan Donaldson. This week's theme is Mom.

Here is Ainsley's rendition of me -- on a Friday morning I'm guessing, clearly both uncaffeinated, and unshowered, probably moments after packing the last lunch only to hear one of the older boys yell, "Don't forget -- eighth grade lunch sales today, oh, and I need $11.25 for a field trip and a bag of chips, I think. Or was it a two liter drink? Have you seen my PE shorts?"



I am super picky about pictures I like and don't like. But somehow the messy hair, the chocolate on her face and sleeve, the googly-eyed drawing, the remarkably clear penmanship, the sparkling blue eyes -- together it all captures my sweet daughter at three.

I love you, my precious girl! I'm so glad you're mine!

9 comments:

Cari Donaldson said...

Judging by our children's pictures of us, we must be twins!

Rebekah Es said...

This is just precious. Your daughter looks like she is in her element. And I believe I have the same portrait of me as well.

Micaela Darr said...

Aw, I love when my children draw me! And I think the "imperfections" you mention make this photo perfect. Happy Mothers Day!

christinelaennec said...

I've had many Mom Moments when I wish I looked that good. The love your daughter has for you shines so clearly from that photo, and drawing!

Jamie Jo said...

I think this proves we all are sisters in Christ, I have the same picture of myself! Love this, I love the photo you chose, one of those photos you will look back when she's all grown up and just smile. (and maybe shed a tear or two)

Happy Mother's day!

Angie said...

This is so lovely! And I bet she drew you in her favorite colors, which speaks volumes when it comes to toddler love! :) Hope you found the PE shorts. And you didn't really have cash on hand, did you? That always means a trip to the ATM for this unprepared mama! Happy Mother's Day!

Karen said...

Her drawing is adorable!

cathyhudie said...

I love it! The "imperfections" make it extra special - they can show who we really are! And your eyes...they are so captivating! :-D

Laura said...

I love kids' drawings of people at that age :) What a cutie you have. Have a blessed Mother's Day