In the spirit of Easter, here are seven things that bring me joy . . .
1. Finding my teenager -- a boy who used to pray for Alan Shepherd and who once wrote a letter to Buzz Aldrin -- online researching the requirements to become an astronaut. Some dreams don't die.
2. Watching my ten-year-old ripstick through the house. Once in a while this drives me stark raving loony, but mostly it makes me smile.
3. Watching a newlywed couple in our neighborhood. I promise you these two can't pick up the mail unless they are a) together and b) holding hands. So sweet.
4. Hearing John whisper in my ear: I want to go G H L R T and that spells "outside." Alrighty.
5. Watching my two littlest ones fly to the door yelling "Daddy" as Dave came into the house yesterday.
6. Listening to three four-year-olds discuss cars on the way to pre-school this morning. Thomas offered to replace my aging van with a Ferrari. Henry, who hails from a larger family, quite practically pointed out that a Ferrari holds just four passengers. Ainsley chimed in with, "I want a Rari! I want a Rari!"
7. Gathering with our community to sing outside a neighbor's window as he is dying. While mostly unresponsive, Dennis has cried each time he's heard a group of us singing the praise songs he knows and loves so well. Courage, my friend! This fight is nearly over.
Visit Jen to add your Seven Quick Takes.