Wednesday, March 06, 2013

As I'm Cooking Dinner for a Friend

I deal with this:


No, this is not the work of young kids, but the consequence of purchasing no-brand aluminum foil.

But then I  see Ainsley's first portrait:




 It's me, in case you're wondering. Before my first cup of coffee, but clearly me.

"Are you impressed with me, " Ainsley asks. 

"I certainly am!"

And just so there is no confusion, John writes a title:




 And then I spot this drying on the counter:


A dandelion - my favorite flower from my favorite girl.

Life's little blessings.

2 comments:

Kate said...

Save that picture! It seems like all preschool kids draw like that! Can Ainsley sign her name yet? Better yet, send it to me and I will hang it on the wall. I so miss those days!

Kris said...

That foil is hilarious! I feel the same way about no name "cling" wrap. I have several of those "portraits" saved for posterity. The kids love looking back at them as they get older!