Saturday, March 02, 2013

From the Mouths of My Babes

Seven Quick Takes:

1. Tim: Baconators are beautiful.

2. John, on the correct use of adverbs: You said I almost stepped in dog poop. You don't even know the meaning of the word almost.

3. Ainsley, on Lenten sacrifices: I don't want to watch a Jesus show! I don't want to watch a Jesus show!

4. John, on omnipotence: Can Jesus hear a silent E?

5. Me: I am tired of having my face in front of a screen.

Kolbe, always one to make a little sacrifice: I'll have my face in front of a screen.

6. Ainsley: John needs to move his feet. He's nervousing me.

7. John: Mama, I had a dream last night that you had a cyber-baby.

Not expecting a cyber-baby as far as I know. Head over to  Jen's and add your Quick Takes.

4 comments:

bobbi said...

Lol! I think 4 & 7 are my favorites. :-)

Kris said...

Tim and my boys would get along just fine.....! The universal boy-language of bacon.

Anonymous said...

Those are so fantastic! Good for you to manage to capture them.

I meant to say that I really enjoyed your post about why you love the Catholic religion. I'll go out on a limb here: I'm Protestant, but I occasionally go into the Catholic cathedral to pray and light a candle at the chapel of the Virgin Mary. (I hope that doesn't offend you or anyone else!) I just feel it's such a help to have images and candles - it helps me to focus in a particular way that sitting in a pew in a Protestant church doesn't always. Having said that, there are chapels and prayer candles in some Protestant cathedrals - but none nearby my house. I could go on about intercessory prayer, but I will stop here!

Kelly@http:/inthesheepfold.blogspot.com said...

Christine - Of course you're welcome! We have two stunning Episcopal/Anglican churches here in Augusta, one tiny and one large.

When I was younger, I liked simpler liturgy. It's not so much that I like the ornate, but more and more, I appreciate slow. I don't have a tremendous amount of quiet in my life right now (partly due to circumstances, party due to choice), so I find the slow, solemn approach to liturgy and music soothing.

Kind of like rocking Ainsley.

The environment does help us focus.