Tuesday, January 08, 2013

2012 in Review


Best Captures Age three: I'm a grumpy old troll, and you can't get across my bridge!

Best captures a ten-year-old boy:


Best captures a fourteen-year-old:  Tim, throwing a plastic Little People figure across the room and then saying, "Just my luck, I hit the picture. I was aiming for the lamp."

Best captures a four-year-old boy:


Favorite TV show, according to Ainsley: Reruns of John and Kate Plus Eight. Favorite Episode: Potty training sextuplets.

Favorite TV show, according to Mom: Call the Midwife. Loved it.

Favorite TV show, according to the boys: Doctor Who.

Remembering those we lost: Bob V. and Dennis McBride and Patrick McBride.

My favorite post: Kill the Cow and You Kill the Calf.

Your favorite post: Why Not Take All of Me?

A great milestone: Everyone out of diapers.

A funny one: John, on seeing the pendant on the left: Is that the note that follows sew?

Favorite adolescent fiction: The Giver by Lois Lowry.

Favorite spiritual read: The Fulfillment of All Desire by Ralph Martin.

Low point: Going six for six with the stomach flu while out of town.

High point: John's last report card. Given that I've shared about our struggles, I would be remiss (and ungrateful) if I didn't report that he earned an "E" for "Excellent" in reading. (And an "E" for "Excellent" in "Respects Authority". Will wonders never cease?)

Times Flies: Thinking about the Thomas the Train birthday parties, the Star Wars birthday parties, and looking across the table at five teenage boys enjoying Tim's 15th birthday at a Japanese steakhouse.

Favorite Picture: John after he swam for the first time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic - thank you, Kelly! I hope 2013 brings you all many blessings.