Tuesday, May 20, 2014

A Little Marriage Advice . . .

Danielle Bean is over at Catholic Match offering an honest reflection on struggles in marriage. Read the rest here. I'll leave you with the words of Pope Francis as quoted by Danielle:
There is no need to call in the United Nations peacekeepers. A little gesture is enough: a caress, see you tomorrow, and tomorrow we start afresh. This is life, and we must face it in this way, with the courage of living it together.

A little gesture is enough.

When I find thirty minutes to write, I'll share about the morning I brought Dave a cup of coffee and explain my firmly held belief that this will go down as the most heroic act of love I've accomplished to date.  

And in my inbox, I found another bit of encouragement courtesy of Danielle and Pope Francis. Here is his prayer for the family:

Jesus, Mary and Joseph,
In you we contemplate the splendor of true love, to you we turn with trust.Holy Family of Nazareth, grant that our families toomay be places of communion and prayer, authentic schools of the Gospeland small domestic Churches.Holy Family of Nazareth,may families never again experience violence, rejection and division:may all who have been hurt or scandalized find ready comfort and healing.Holy Family of Nazareth, may the approaching Synod of Bishopsmake us once more mindful of the sacredness and inviolability of the family,and its beauty in God’s plan. 
Jesus, Mary and Joseph, graciously hear our prayer.
Amen.

No comments: