Wednesday, May 14, 2014

God Sent Them Babies of all Combinations to Teach Them To Love and To Light Up the Nations

Five Favorites - The Mother's Day Edition

1. Ainsley

Ainsley came home with a Mother's Day card that documented my age (31), my favorite dish (spaghetti), and my favorite thing to say (Ainsley , you have to do something).

She later came to me with a correction saying, "I know what your favorite thing to say is. How did I get a daughter as pretty as you?"

How did I?

*****

2. John

We're attending a piano recital that begins with praise music. As we sing, "All the weak find their strength at the sound of your great name," John turns to me and asks why we're singing about grenades.

He's a six-year-old boy who's watched Frozen one time too many and goes around singing, "Do you want to build a snowman? And chop his head off in the hall?"

And when he's not exhibiting persistent, anti-social behaviors, he is a sweet, cuddly, nature-loving kid.

*****

3. Kolbe

We're spending Mother's Day on the couch with milkshakes and popcorn watching Mary Poppins croon, "Tuppence, tuppence, tuppence a bag."

"Sleep well," Kolbe whispers, doing his best Julie Andrews, "Video games and energy drinks in the morning."

The kids were a tad confused that the cook is simply referred to as Cook. Kolbe called her Bake and then pointed out that she bears an amazing resemblance to Jay Leno.







I think he has a point.




*****

4. Tim

My Tim . . . sixteen and thinking deep thoughts, plotting big plans, mostly kind, very funny, the best big brother ever, a great conversationalist.


*****

5. Dave

The man who made it all happen. If I was an old mother, he was an older father. I will be forever grateful that he has embraced the call to build our family with openness and trust. It is a grand adventure that we are on. I'm glad we're in this together.

Head over to Hallie's to add your Five Favorites!

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Your boys made me laugh out loud this morning!

Kris said...

WHY is that snowman song so addictive?!

Unknown said...

Good, Jamie! Kolbe had me in tears.

Kris, I sing Let It Go just as much as Ainsley. Totally addictive. The Snowman is, too.