|John's on his sixth birthday looking very much like he looks right now.|
From the archives:
What can I say about croup?
1. Croup is frightening.
2. Croup works the night shift. Croup owns a trusty alarm clock. It's usually set for 1:00 a.m..
3. Croup prefers the weekends; holiday weekends are even better.
4. John has croup.
5. Thanks to croup, Mom has circles under her eyes. We've watched Wallace and Grommet at 1:00 a.m. on Wednesday and Kung Fu Panda 2 at 1:00 a.m. on Thursday.
6. Thanks to croup, Mom has a back in spasm and a neck on fire. We've "slept" propped up on the couch for two nights.
7. Thanks to croup, Mom has spent lots of time reading to John, watching movies with John, rubbing John's head, praying for John, thanking God for giving her this firecracker of a four-year-old.
Even croup isn't all bad.