Thursday, March 03, 2011

Small Successes

FaithButton

If you need encouragement, head over to Faith and Family Live! Here are a few snippets from our life:
 
1. The bathroom project has been stalled by sickness and the fact that I ran out of paint. We are all feeling better, and I picked up another gallon. Onward and upward! This will not take three years. This will not take three years. Say it with me!

2. Our seventh grader and his friends are making great strides on their science fair project. I planned to report that the whole enchilada was done, finis, as in dotted I's and crossed T's. Such is not the case, but they are making progress and, you know, they're learning something to boot.

As I was driving one of the kids home last night, he turned to me and said, "That was so much fun!"

It's all worth it.

3. When someone broke the news at 9:30 p.m. that he had an essay due this morning, I exercised heroic restraint and did not revile and threaten, disenroll him from school, or write the paper for him.  I poured myself a glass of wine and read a book. The paper is finished.

What about you?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

very good on item #3 - that seems to be the hardest thing for me - not to blow up when that happens. I usually end up exploding and then having to go back and apologize for my childish behavior.

Kelly@http:/inthesheepfold.blogspot.com said...

Lynn -

I totally agree. I ask myself, "What's worse - the fact that he forgot about the paper or the fact that the adult exploded?" So hard in the heat of the moment.

Thanks for visiting!

- Kelly

Erica Saint said...

Number 3 is awesome! You go mom!

Anonymous said...

I too am awestruck by your extreme self-control on no. 3! Well done.

Kristi said...

love #3. Great week:)