1. John's pre-school teacher is wondering if he might be color blind, a thought I have shared before. Hmmm.
John loves both school and his teacher. I love that with child # 4, I can hear of a potential problem and remain perfectly at peace with a sure sense that most things come out in the wash.
2. John came crying to us in the middle of the night. "There was a bug," he sobbed, "and it turned into a spider web. I was so scary."" Not scared - scary. Love that. He spent the rest of the night with his arm wrapped around mine. Love that even more.
3. Kolbe's cast came off this morning. Four broken bones in one year!
4. On the way to school this morning, the boys taught Ainsley to say the word naked. I'm simply beaming with pride.
5. Went to Tim's soccer game yesterday.
Time spent making arrangements for Kolbe, packing snacks, loading babies, watching game? Three hours, easy.6. I'm convinced that the person who first fashioned the ladder back chair never had a toddler.
Playing time? About one hundred and twenty seconds.
Showing your son that your support is unconditional? Priceless.
7. Melanie Bettinelli who blogs at http://www.thewinedarksea.com (and has just had a beautiful baby boy) included Connie Willis in her book reviews a while back. I am hooked! Blackout and All Clear are awesome reads especially if you love time travel and history. I just started To Say Nothing of the Dog.
Off on retreat for the weekend. Hope yours is peaceful.