John's adorable lisp is disappearing quickly, but his funny quips and overall versatility with language continue to entertain us all.
1. John's playing with his Lego mini-figures, and apparently one of the Star Wars' storm troopers is really acting out. John issues the ultimate threat: Tonight you're sleeping in your bed all night long.
2. John has a secret. "Let me whisper in your ear, Mama," John tells me. I don't lean quite far enough. "Downer!" he says.
3. "Can I have a cracker," John asks. "I can get it." Though he does his best Curious George imitation climbing up the pantry shelves, the box remains out of reach. "It's too back," he tells me.
4. John's looking for a stick to turn into a wand. When I hand him a ruler, he says, "No, Mama. That's not a wand; that's an incher."
5. John draws a heart and "writes" a note to Auntie Kate. He sees me folding it up and putting it in an envelope. "Oh," he says, "are you going to letter that?"