Thursday, May 10, 2012

What She Said

My friend Amy summed it all up for us: May is like December only much, much hotter.

December, at least, doesn't sneak up on me. I fully anticipate a packed schedule. And December comes with twinkling lights and lots of lovely greenery.

I do believe that things will settle down about 11:00 a.m. tomorrow. But then I had a similar thought relative to 1:00 p.m. today. Didn't happen.

Work the list. Work the list. This is my current mantra.

The list says to iron tableclothes for tomorrow's Teacher Appreciation Day. And pour a glass of wine.

Better get to it.

4 comments:

Amy Parris said...

I've baked the brownies and prepped the Cowboy beans I'm making for it. I've also wrapped three teacher gifts for Max's last day tomorrow, signed three field trip permissions, made appointments for haircuts,started writing my talk and the list goes on...and on...and on. And just so you know you're not alone, Nelson is not home yet. Ah May, um...well, that's all I have to say about that. :-)

Kelly@http:/inthesheepfold.blogspot.com said...

The ohter things about May -- and I warned Dave about this -- is that money goes flying out the door. I bet each one of those permission slips came with a fee.

Somehow I made two eye appointments for after school today and four dental appointments for Monday. I have to remind myself that March would really be a better time to do these things.

In the midst of it all, I am determined to be the (unmentioned)worker in the vineyard who realized that part of his compensation was the joy of the work.

Kelly@http:/inthesheepfold.blogspot.com said...

And I can't type or spell this morning.

Anonymous said...

I remember having a similar realisation a few years ago, only about both May and June, as school here finishes at the beginning of July.

Good luck with getting it all done and being a joyous vineyard worker.